Friday 4 November 2011

Oman in May

We came back and it wasn't a warm time, my bones started to ache quite a bit and so we booked a last minute holiday to the Chedi in Oman.  We had to fly to London still, as we did for Dubai back then, but we flew with Gulf Air.  The service was fantastic on the plane and we did travel in style.  We knew nothing about Oman other than it was hot, and it was a change from Dubai.

We arrived about 8.30 am and weren't allowed in our rooms until after 12, even though the hotel was quite empty.  We left our baggage and went down to the sea front.  The hotel was set out like a small village with houses dotted about and to be honest I got lost a couple of times that first day.  Hubby laid down on a sunbed, in full dress with jacket on and fell instantly asleep.  By the time he woke up I had been given the room keys and started sorting out the packing. 

We had free alcohol in the room, but to be honest I doubt we touched it.  The hotel was beautiful but it was far too hot and we were the end of the season (so to speak) with temperatures reaching high 40's.
You didn't particularly want to go out of the shade because the heat was just so penetrating and I spent much of the time dangling my legs and reading my books like this. 

Thankfully, I still carried some fat on me so my backside didn't get too sore!

It did make me feel a whole lot better, no aching bones in that weather. 

On an evening we would sit in a little square for canapes and a B&C.  Sundown was still around 7.30 and to find our way around the hotel you had lighted paths.  I didn't eat much in Oman as I wasn't keen on the food so breakfast to me was the most important meal of the day!

I still own that Pink T-Shirt, just can't part with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment