Sunday 6 November 2011

Celebrations

In July we were asked to join the Taylors in Spain for Brian's birthday and their Wedding Aniversary.  The group was 8 and although we were only there for 4 nights we had a maverollous time.

Unlike our previous experiences of Spain it was glorious sunshine with temperatures in the high 20's.  The only problem with the hotel was the beds were hard and the sunbeds had no matteresses, thankfully we could buy a small blow up pillow. 

Our first meal out and boy was the alcohol flowing.  How we managed to find our way back to the hotel I will never know.

On returning to the hotel the Spanish locals must have had a dance night there so we all joined in.

At least none of us suffered with hangovers, in my case this was a blessing!

Going on holiday with a group is such a change for us.   One night we just arrived at the restuarant and we had to turn around and walk back, a sessions was just starting and I certainly didn't want anyone to see me go through me clutching my heart and tears running down my face.  It didn't spoil the holiday though, it becomes part of life living with meso.

Gary, John, Ann, Julie, Russel, Shelia and Me
Each evening before setting off for dinner we would all meet and have a glass of bubbly.  By the end of the 4 days I didn't want to look at another bottle of champagne for a few weeks.

Our next holiday wouldn't be till September again when we would go back to Dubai, always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment