Saturday 12 November 2011

Birthday in Barbados

2008 was a busy year, in between dodging the meso and finishing the chemo, we seemed to have a few hols.  I know we went to Dubai but writing this so many years later its hard to remember what we did and when.  It may seem strange to want to record these now but for me its a trip through memory lane and one that I hope will  help my friends when I'm no longer here.

View from the sea
In the May Shelia and Brian asked us if we wanted to go out to Barbados and celebrate her birthday.  I love going with others as you make yourself go out and do things.  The party was 4 couples altogether, Brian and Shelia went for 14 days whereas we arrived for only 7.  We stayed at the Fairmont Royal Pravillion.  It was a beautiful hotel with airy rooms looking out to sea.  Brian is such an organised person that each night reservations had been made in various restaurants and hotels around the island. 

Sorry Shelia, but yes it was her 60th and we were so happy to be invited to spend time with her on such a special birthday. 

For Shelia's special night we went to Sandy Lane and ate in the Blue Restaurant.  I hate to think what the bill came to but thank you Brian we certainly ate and drank plenty.
Feed me!



Sun bathing during the day is mainly all I want to do, but one day we did go out on a catamaran.  Champagne and canapes while we sailed around the beautiful coast.  Watching the turtles and swimming with them was wonderful. 

The only night we went out for what I would call a normal meal, A fish and Chip restaurant in St James, I took ill.  I had no warning that the session was starting and even worse it was happening with other people around.  Within a few minutes of it starting a taxi was organised and Gary rushed me outside. I hated ruining everyone's evening and of course the next day was a wash out for me but also for Gary. 

Where's all the candles!

At least I don't need to blow out more candles!
Coming back for a drink after our Day Sailing
                                                                              
Another night of eating
I'm sure we all put quite a lot of weight on this holiday.  We seemed to spend everyday eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It was certainly a hotel I would return to and I hope at some time we will get back there.











             

No comments:

Post a Comment