Thursday 3 November 2011

Dubai - 2005

In January 2005 I was allowed to still go on holiday that we had booked.  At the time it was in between Chemo, my oncologist did everything she could so that we could go and although I didn't fancy doing that much we certainly made the most of it.

I jinx the weather as Dubai doesn't normally have rain but it rained and was cloudy for a few days.  It didn't stop us having a good time though.  This was the first time we stayed at the Burj, we did it for 3 nights only then went back to our old favourite the Madinet.  We enjoyed the Madinet because we had made friends with a couple of the managers there.

On the first day in the Madinet it was quite cool and breezy, Benet suggested we tried something over in the spa and we choose yoga.  For the rest of the holiday we did yoga once a day. 

We still came back feeling a lot better, although upon my return I had to have my chemo.  I never holidayed in between the treatments again.

Benet and Mirela

In October the weather was beautiful and we were lucky enough to spend an evening out with our friends.  Don't think much of the bibs though!

We didn't worry about carrying my medication in these days, years later we had to apply for permission to carry my morphine into Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment